Because Pittsburgh is Big East territory, we don’t get the Red River Rivalry. While the rest of the country gets to see an epic Texas/Oklahoma tilt, what do we get?
Rutgers at Cincinnati.
People in New Jersey and Ohio don’t want to see that game! Stupid Big East contractual obligations. So what else is on…
Ivy League football on Versus? Cornell at Harvard? This I gotta see.
- It’s a Center Ice free weekend. The Golden Corral of hockey TV. Take all you want, just eat all you take.
- I got home too late to see the banner ceremony from Detroit. Whoop-dee-shit.
- I also “missed” Def Leppard. Did Joe Elliott really put the Stanley Cup down upside-down? That’s gotta put a hex on the Red Wings, right? It has to.
- Vesa Toskala is going to steal a few for Toronto this year.
- Note to any blueliners out there: You are powerless to stop Tomas Holmstrom’s ass. Don’t even try.
- Games Marian Hossa has escaped karmic retribution: 1
- Was Vancouver’s offense really that good, or was Calgary Miikka Kiprusoff that bad?
- The Canucks were certainly inspired by the pre-game tribute to Luc Bourdon.
- I remember seeing Andre Roy jump over the boards for the Pens and thinking, “I’ve got a baaad feeling about this.” Get used to it, Calgary.
- Dion Phaneuf is already in Beast Mode. Steve Bernier had the heart of a lion tonight.
- Saw almost none of Anaheim @ San Jose, but I can say this: George Parros’ mustache is in mid-season form. Magnificent.
- Caught the last five minutes or so of Boston @ Colorado. Saw Krejci’s game-winner and the mad scramble by the Avs at the end. That one came down to whoever landed the last punch.